Friday, August 29, 2014

Busy Busy Week

I have had a busy week. With Chloe Jo starting school and wanting to/needing to get some things done around the house, I feel like I have been going non-stop.

Chloe Jo did great in the drop-off line at school on Wednesday and Thursday. I admit that I bribed her. Wednesday just happened to be the day she finished her 3rd punch card so I told her that if she was really good getting out of the car, I would have a prize waiting for her. She would rather have a toy then the allowance. On Thursday I just told her that she would have a surprise after school (I took her to help me pick out a couple of wind chimes for the house). This helped her be better, but I can't give her a surprise for good behavior every day. She has to learn to just do what needs to be done. Suck it up, Buttercup. This morning was a different story, though. We were back to uncontrollably crying and being crazy. Sigh. At least we had 3 good drop-offs this week.

Thursday's school outfit

While Chloe Jo has been at school, I have been getting things done around the house.

I made a double batch of slurp (strawberry jam).

I made salsa. We had Mexican on Tuesday and are having it again tomorrow. I also made taco seasoning, but didn't get a picture.

It was time for a new batch of laundry detergent. I love making my own!

I cleaned up the garage. I had several things I needed to put in the attic that had just migrated to the garage. I finally got it all up there, organized a few things and swept it out. I love driving into a clean garage.

I also swept the porch off. It looks so much nicer without a bunch of grass, leaves and dead bugs all over it! We never use the front door (unless we have company) so we just don't realize how bad it gets. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

The biggest project from this week was the yard work. I filled in a few holes from trying to grow trees. Our yard hates trees and kills them all. We have tried to grow 4 different kinds of trees and they have all died. Anyway, so we had some low spots where we had planted and put mulch down. I filled those in since we are destined to be tree-less. I also trimmed up our rose bushes and the big green bush (I have no idea what it is called) on the corner. I then put down new mulch and added flower pinwheels to the are that didn't have plants (because I can't keep anything alive...especially when Russ thinks everything is weeds and pulls it all up). It looks so much better now!


We started soccer practice last Thursday. Russ and I are coaching this season. Eep! I never played any sports in school and have never been athletic so this is definitely outside of the box for me. We have done 3 practices so far and I have been enjoying coaching. I'm really just assisting, but I love it. I think we have a good team and we are going to have a great season.

Best of all, Chloe Jo has been loving it. She has improved so much from when she started. Maybe she will even score a few goals this year!

 Last, I made this bed pocket for Chloe Jo's room. I wanted a place to put her devotional book and her electronics and saw a few of these on Pinterest. I really liked the idea, but wanted to make my own version. I had the grey fabric and quilt batting so all I needed to get was the pink bias tape. I love how it turned out and Chloe Jo thinks it is pretty great, too. I'm loving the quilted look especially. I believe I will do that on more items in the future.

We have a busy weekend planned. Today is Russ' birthday and tomorrow is my birthday. We are having company coming tomorrow and they are going to stay through Monday for the long weekend. Then Russ and I are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary on the 4th. I'm definitely going to get some sleep tonight!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: