Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Chloe Jo's first day of Kindergarten!

My girl is growing up so fast. *Tear*

Unfortunately, she decided she didn't want to go back to school on Tuesday evening. She made up all kinds of excuses not to go. "I'm shy." "I'll cry." On Wednesday morning she tried throwing a fit and she was very disappointed when none of her antics worked.

Russ and I were allowed to walk her into the building and sit with her in the cafeteria until time to go to her class. She was so nervous. We gave her kisses and hugs and left, but Russ looked back and she was crying a little bit. :( I hope she eventually grows out of the nervousness and shyness.

G-Jo bought her a backpack this year. Chloe Jo is a little obsessed with the Disney Fairies right now. She loved that her backpack came with a matching lunch box.


Here she is in her first day of school outfit. I loved making this one for her. I think it is so fun!


She thought the survey was great this time. She loved answering all of the questions.


And for comparison:


This is the outfit she wore today.


This morning did not go near as smooth as I wanted it to. I explained to her last night and this morning that she would go in the main doors and go sit in the cafeteria until time to go to her classroom. This is not what she did last year and I knew it might be an issue. She does not adapt well to new things. I went through the car drop-off line and pulled up to the curb. As soon as the teacher opened the door to let her out, Chloe Jo grabbed onto me for dear life and started sobbing. I ended up having to park and walk her to the sidewalk where the principal picked her up to carry her inside. It was heart wrenching to watch my darling so distraught and having to leave her there, but I knew it was the best thing for her. It took her several weeks to get used to going into the school building by herself last year. I am just hoping the transition is a little shorter this year. I would hate for the principal to have to carry her in every day!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Aww...sorry that the start of school has been a little rough for her and you. I was totally just like her when I was her age but I eventually came to love school. I never did love the "start" of school though. Some of us just have a harder time with change. I bet in a couple of weeks she will be just fine.