Thursday, September 11, 2014

Beginning Another Curriculum

This week has been crazy busy for my little family!

The church we are members of is having a Gospel Meeting this week and we are housing the visiting minister. It was been a wonderful meeting so far. Tonight is the last night and I am looking forward to getting Chloe Jo back on her regular sleep schedule. Gospel Meeting weeks mean that she goes to bed at least an hour past her bedtime. This usually makes for some not-so-great mornings, but this week she has been a champ. No crying at drop-off all week!!! YAY!!!

During the summers, our congregation has a summer series on Wednesday evenings. That means that those of us who teach on those evenings get a break all summer. Breaks are much needed for the 4 of us who are willing to teach because we all teach Sunday morning and Wednesday evening without breaks throughout the year.

I teach the 2 year olds on Sunday morning and the 4 and 5 year olds on Wednesday evening. It just so happened that I basically started new material for both classes at the same time. So far, I am completely thrilled with both curriculums that I chose!

After VBS, my 2 and 3 year old classroom really needed a revamp. We usually keep decorations up for a year and then change out. VBS just happens to be a great time to change out decor since we are redoing the classrooms for that weeks theme anyway.

I don't do the 4 and 5 year old classroom, but I did have full reign over the 2 year old classroom. After searching for ideas, I finally decided to go with a bee theme. I love the way it turned out and, best of all, my little students love it, too!

My door says 2's and 3's, but I actually only have 2 year olds right now unless we have a visitor.

I added 8 felt squares to this wall and created a timeline. Each felt square has pictures that velcro to it so the kids learn the order of the stories we talk about.

Oriental Trading was great for this theme. I bought the little bees, the bee posters and the bee hives from them. I love them because they ship fast and they are inexpensive so I don't feel like I have to preserve everything.

We are really working on learning the books of the Bible and some basic Bible facts. I bought the kids pointers and I have them point to the different things on the board. They love the pointers!
I'm so happy that my kids love the classroom as much as I do. It is so bright and friendly when you walk in and I know my little students love being there!

No comments: